Volleyball Lesson plan
Lesson Plan Topic: Volleyball
Goals & Objectives: Teach the students how to bump, set and spike the volleyball.
- A bag of volleyballs
- A volleyball net and all the safety equipment included with it
- A gym
- Go over what the student will be learning to do (learning how to bump/pass, set and spike a volleyball)
- Explain when each of these volleyball skills should be done and how to do them correctly
- Show an example of how to bump/pass the volleyball using the body mechanics
- Show an example of how to set a volleyball using the proper body mechanics
- Show an example of how to spike a volleyball using the proper body mechanics
- Have the students do a few of drills to work on all three of these skills
- Ask questions, ask what the students have learned
- Have students warm up by running around the gym three times
- Have students then stretch
- After talking and showing the students how to do each skill have them partner up two in a group
- Make sure each group has a ball
- Have the student first work on the bumping/passing skill by doing it to one another until they think they have gotten it down and have the proper body mechanics of how to do it (Let them do this for about 5 min)
- Next have the students work on setting the ball back to one another, specifically working on the proper body mechanics of how to do it. (Let them do this for about 5 min)
- Next have the students work on spiking the ball to one another, specifically working on the proper body mechanics of how to do it. (Let them do this for about 5 min)
- After the students have it down have them get in a line and one at a time hit the ball to them and have them choose to bump or set the ball depending on the type of pass they get. (make sure they are really working on the fundamentals of bumping and setting them volleyball.)
- After doing this for about 5 min have the students get in a single file line on one the left side of the net.
- Explain how to do the footwork and other proper body mechanics when spiking at the net.
- One by one set each student a ball to practice spiking over the net (do this for about 5 minutes.)
- Ask questions and go over what the students have learned in this lesson plan.
NOTE: The work presented on this page was produced as part of a learning exercise. While the content was reviewed and controls were in place to improve accuracy and quality, it may contain gross inaccuracy or poor quality. The emphasis was on the learning process and the sharing of information. Furthermore, this content may still be under revision. For more information about the process, see About UniCommons.com. For more accurate subject content related to this work, see Subjects.