by Brian Sather, created Oct 14 2009 - 9:39pm, updated Feb 16 2010 - 1:13am
Tips for conversion
- If the file needs to be smaller, try reducing the quality setting or removing audio.
- Settings to look at for reducing size even more: lower the bitrate, resample audio.
- Also, MediaCoder is also able to do some simple movie editing like exporting a short section of a longer video during the conversion process. From the menu, select Features >> Clipping and Effects to find this option. There you will also find a de-interlace option that may be helpful if horizontal lines are showing on your video output.
- Due to the thousands of video formats available, this process may not work on your particular video. Video is notoriously difficult to work with. Some troubleshooting and possibly use of another video converter or editing software may be necessary.
- Dedicate extra time to your project and don't expect the video editing process to work flawlessly.
This process converts an audio file to the popular MP3 format, which has good compression characteristics.
|Video conversion MPEG4-v2 mediacoder 4-3 no audio.xml||807 bytes|
|Video conversion MPEG4-v2 mediacoder 16-9 widescreen no audio.xml||856 bytes|
|audio conversion to mp3 mediacoder preset.xml||367 bytes|
|Media Coder Preset All Files.zip||1.92 KB|
|Screencast Encoding to FLV mediacoder preset.xml||464 bytes|