Recommended PE Teaching Resources
by Brian Sather, created Jan 2 2009 - 4:17pm
- Collins, D. R., and Hodges, P. B. (2001). A Comprehensive Guide to Sports Skills Tests and Measurement (2nd ed.). Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press.
- Fronske, H. (2005). Teaching Cues for Sport Skills for Secondary School Students (3rd edition). San Francisco, CA: Pearson/Benjamin Cummings.
- Fronske, H. & Wilson, R. (2002). Teaching Cues for Basic Sport Skills for Elementary and Middle School Students. San Francisco, CA: Pearson/Benjamin Cummings.
- Griffin, L, & Butler, J. (2005). Teaching Games for Understanding: Theory, Research, and Practice. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Hopper, T. (n.d.). A tactic-to-skill approach to teaching games. Retrieved December 1, 2004, from University of Victoria Web site: http://www.educ.uvic.ca/Faculty/thopper/Unitplan452/default.html
- Mandigo, J. L., & Holt, N. L. (2002). The Inclusion of Optimal Challenge in Teaching Games for Understanding. Retrieved December 1, 2004, from Brock University, Department of Physical Education and Kinesiology Web site: http://www.pec.brocku.ca/~jmandigo/inclusionOC.pdf
- Miller, D. K. (2002). Measurement by the Physical Educator: Why and How (4th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Pangrazi, R. P. (2002). Dynamic Physical Education for Secondary School Students (4th ed.). San Francisco, CA: Benjamin Cummings.
- Pangrazi, R. P. (2004). Dynamic Physical Education for Elementary School Children (14th ed.). Menlo Park, CA: Addison-Wesley.
- PE1.org (n.d.). Gymnastics. Retrieved January 11, 2001, from http://getfit123.com/pe/Gymnastics/gymnastics.htm Note: Contains some interesting information for gymnastics lesson plans and some video.
- Siedentop, D., Hastie, P. A., & van der Mars, H. (2004). Complete Guide to Sport Education. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.