The UniCommons project is completed and the site contents will be closed to the public by December 2014.
Basketball Skill Rubrics
by Brian Sather, created Sep 24 2009 - 10:46pm
Shooting (1 point each check)
- Shoulders are square to the basket.
- Shooting elbow is under the ball.
- Ball rests on finger pads (not palm or finger tips).
- Visibly uses legs to drive of the ground for the shot.
- Follow through with hand high and wrist flexed.
Dribbling (1 point each check)
- Pall is controlled using the pads of the fingers.
- Knees are bent and head is up.
- Uses the body to shield ball from defender.
- Ball stays under dribbler’s control.
Passing and receiving (1 point each check)
- Passer steps toward target during throw.
- Arms are extended, wrists snap, and thumbs turn down.
- Receiver moves toward the ball to catch it.
- Receiver gives with the pass, catching it with both hands.